- 1. Making a delightful appearance on the "Regis Philbin" show, Connie looks
- absolutely radiant! After sharing a couple wonderful stories about our host,
- Connie goes on to talk fondly about her father, and how he convinced her
- to record "Who's sorry now." Which is also the title of her book. As they
- continue to visit, Connie touches upon many of her upcoming projects, some
- of which, never came to pass unfortunately. Interestingly, Regis presents
- a few minutes of Connie's return to the stage on "Dick Clark's Wednesday
- Night Live" program, which is exceptional! When they return from the break,
- Connie talks about her recent marriage, which unfortunately ended shortly
- thereafter. As the show draws to a close, Connie mentions that most of the
- problems that she has encountered in her life, can be attributed to a lack of
- self esteem, and she vows to help others by sharing what she has learned.
- 2. While in Florida, Connie makes a surprise guest appearance on the
- game show "Win Lose or Draw." 2/89
- 3. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted Connie's return to the stage, with
- an indepth interview, which provided her with an opportunity to present
- her side of the story. Throughout the years, many things had been written
- about her, some with great speculation. Stepping forth, Connie addresses
- the rumors surrounding her mental state, by explaining how she found
- herself there in the first place: a dependency on diet pills. 4/89
- 4. Everyone loves a "survivor" and no one personifies this greater than the
- legendary "Connie Francis!" Making a delightful and rare appearance on television,
- in an extended talk show setting, Connie is greeted with a standing ovation, on the
- "Sally Jesse Raphael" show. Her fans love her greatly, and they are thrilled to see
- her in the spotlight again! And she looks wonderful! As she visits with Sally, it's
- interesting listening to her talk about her troubled and stormy past, the failed
- marriage attempts, thoughts of suicide, bouts of depression, addiction to
- amphetamines, the loss of her ability to sing, the murder of her brother, and
- so much more! She touches upon every aspect of her life and career! As she
- talks about her dear friend, Dick Clark, he appears via satellite, which is really
- touching, because he truly cares about Connie! The two stars visit about many
- things! When the show returns from a short break, Connie is joined by her
- parents, Ida and George Franconero. Which adds an even greater depth to
- our understanding of the events surrounding Connie's life and career. On a
- final note, Connie talks about her upcoming plans! 4/89
- 5. Making a delightful appearance on the "Regis and Kathie Lee" show, Connie
- proves once again, in spite of a recent injury to her ankle, that "The show
- must go on!" Throughout their visit, she touches upon many things! Mainly
- her return to the stage, after a "four year absence!" It's so good to have
- 6. Looking and sounding better than ever! Connie performs a stirring rendition of
- her signature song, "Where the boys are" on the Statler Brothers Show. It's
- wonderful to see her again! After a short visit with the Statler Brothers,
- Connie joins them for a rousing version of "The Walbash Cannonball."
- Returning later in the program, Connie sings "Poor Lonesome me." 2/98
- 7. With her 60th Birthday only days away, A&E devoted an entire hour to the
- talented singer, with her very own "Biography." Throughout the program, they
- present a detailed review of her life and career, through countless photos,
- interviews with her family and friends, and so much more! And when Connie
- graces us with her presence, she looks simply "beautiful!" It's always a
- pleasure seeing her radiant smile! This is an exceptional profile of
- the talented superstar! 10/98
- 8. While I was assembling all of these moments on Connie Francis, I knew
- there was "one" moment missing: an exceptional interview with her from the
- Arts and Entertainment network. Throughout this interview from the "Signature"
- series, Connie speaks openly about her life and career, with an extremely candid
- review of the night she was "raped." After being shown a newspaper article,
- reporting that the laws are too severe for rapists, Connie's expression changes
- dramatically. During the moments that follow, the camera focuses in on her with
- such detail, that you can feel the change in her emotions, as she holds back
- the tears, while drifting off into a rather numb state of mind. Slowly she returns
- to express her thoughts on the article, and how the events of that night changed
- her life forever. After a short break, her mood shifts to much happier thoughts:
- her son, Joey, and returing to the stage again, after being away for so many
- years. The full screen moments in this interview are exceptional!
- This is an excellent candid profile of her! 1/87
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those that you have only heard about!
Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my collection
- with my friends, and they have always been astounded by all the appearances
- that I was able to record. To ensure the highest quality possible, I use a "dual deck"
- vcr when I'm sharing any of these moments from my collection.
- I look forward to hearing from you!