- 1. While rehearsing for an upcoming tour of Canada, Dionne is visited by
- Anne Murray, as part of her holiday special, "Winter Carnival from Quebec."
- As the two ladies express their admiration for one another, they perform
- a "medley" of hits, some of them recorded by themselves, and then others
- that they wished they had recorded. The set includes, "Deja Vu, Everything's
- going to be alright, Islands in the stream, Twist of fate, She works hard for the
- money, Up where we belong, and How do you keep the music playing." Both of
- these ladies have such incredible voices!
- 2. Appearing on the 27th Annual "Grammy Awards" Dionne is accompanied by
- Joni Mitchell, as they present the honor for "Album of the Year."
- 3. Recently VH1 presented several "shortened" versions of the hit television
- series, "Solid Gold." During this particular moment, Dionne sings the sensational
- hit, "Against all odds." She looks absolutely gorgeous!
- 4. Returning to the set of "Solid Gold" and the year in which this next appearance
- original aired, Dionne joins "Boy George" on stage, for a wonderful rendition of her
- classic hit, "I Say a little prayer." They truly sound great together!
- 5. Appearing on the 28th Annual "Grammy Awards" Dionne joins Julian Lennon,
- as they present the award for "Best Performance Pop, Female." Which ironically,
- ends up going to Whitney Houston!
- 6. Looking simply radiant, Dionne joins her dear friends, Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle
- for an incredible special, "Sisters: In the name of love." Truly a remarkable evening
- from all three of these talented ladies! They look absolutely exquisite in their
- evening gowns! Throughout the show, they perform many of their favorites!
- Such incredible voices! And so much energy too! After a rousing rendition of
- the hit single, "Living in America" each of the ladies take a turn in the spotlight.
- Gladys sings the classic anthem of the 70's, "I will survive" adding her own touch
- to the timeless hit. When Dionne takes to the stage, she sings "I will never love
- this way again." Which is truly fantastic! Picking up the pace, Patti takes her
- moment in the spotlight to perform her signature tune, "New Attitude." Which
- is simply "delightful!" During the break between each of these individual numbers,
- the ladies share a little bit of "girl talk" around the kitchen table, talking about
- many things! Returning to the stage together, they perform a stirring version
- of "Somewhere." Which perfectly blends their incredible voices! Afterwards,
- they share some of the songs from the past, which is equally enjoyable, "My Guy"
- "Money Money" "The Ten Commandments of Love" "I only have eyes for you" and
- "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" ~ to name but a few! Ending the program, they sing
- "That's what friends are for." Truly a wonderful special!
- 7. As the 1987 "American Music Awards" drew to a close, Diana Ross invited
- Dionne Warwick and Gladys Knight to the stage, as they closed the program,
- with the hit song, "That's what friends are for."
- 8. Opening the concert, with the sensational hit, "All night long" Dionne presents
- her first special, "Dionne Warwick in London." Along with her, the hour long concert
- features performances by "Gregory Hines, Diahann Caroll, and Vic Damone." Honestly,
- I have to admit, it's been years since I watched this particular program and so I was
- a bit surprised that after her opening number, Dionne didn't reappeared until almost
- the very end. I was tempted to only include those moments, when she was on stage,
- but after seeing the individual performances by Diahann Carroll and Vic Damone, I
- immediately changed my mind! I had forgotten the depth and vocal range of Diahann,
- and when you see her perform "Come rain or come shine" "Give my regards to
- Broadway" and "New York, New York" you'll be as captivated as I was! After a very
- short introduction by Dionne, Vic Damone settles in for his set, which is equally
- remarkable! Among his selections, you'll immediately recognize, "In the still of the
- night" "That old black magic" and here's the one that had me doing a double take,
- "Wind beneath my wings." Which was a real surprise! Returning to the stage,
- Dionne dips into the past, with a "medley" that features such favorites, as "Yesterday
- once more" "I will survive" "Walk on by" "I say a little prayer" and "Do you know the
- way to San Jose." As the show draws to a close, Dionne performs a stirring rendition
- of her hit song, "I will never love this way again." Which is absolutely astounding!
- 9. Throughout this wonderful segment from "CBS This Morning" we are
- treated to an "excellent" interview with Dionne, along with a tour of her
- home, in Beverly Hills. As you might imagine, the hour is very early for
- those in California, and so it's not much of a surprise to learn that Dionne
- enjoys a good cup of coffee each morning, along with her cigarette. With
- all of the information available, concerning one's health, when it comes to
- smoking, it's kind of a surprise, that she has made the decision to continue.
- But she explains why. Because the interview is basically "two" individual
- segments, Dionne has the rare opportunity to talk about her life and career
- in great detail. She touches upon many things, including, her concern for
- those afflicted with AIDS, the friends she has lost, her children, and her
- hopes for the future. Plus much more!
- 10. On the 1988 "People's Choice Awards" Dionne joins "Andy Williams" and her dear
- friend, "Gladys Knight" as they present the award for "All Time Favorite Song." Before
- they announce the winner, they perform a "medley" of all the songs nominated. Which
- includes, "The way we were" "Yesterday" "Always" "Amazing Grace" "Somewhere my
- love" "How great thou art" "Love me tender" "Stardust" and "White Christmas."
- 11. Appearing on the 3rd Annual "Soul Train Music Awards" Dionne joins
- Patti LaBelle, as they step into the role of hostess, for the evening. As always,
- Dionne looks wonderful! Later in the program, in honor of Michael Jackson receiving
- an award, Dionne performs his hit song, "Man in the mirror."
- 12. While in Washington D.C., Dionne receives the "Humanitarian" award from
- the Human Rights Campaign Fund.
- 13. "Entertainment Tonight" previewed Dionne Warwick's upcoming AIDS Special,
- "That's what friends are for."
- 1. "Dionne Warwick and Friends" spotlights the entertainers and guests, who later
- appear during her AIDS Special, "That's what friends are for." Throughout this particular
- program, we hear from each of the guests, as they share their thoughts on those they
- have lost to the disease, and their commitment to finding a cure. We are also given a
- special, "Behind the Scenes" glimpse into the rehearsal, with many of the entertainers,
- as they prepare for the concert. In addition to all of these moments, we are also on hand
- for several of the other fund raising activities, that occurred along with the concert.
- 2. With a roster that reads like a "Who's Who" of the music and television industry,
- Dionne Warwick assembled an impressive list of "guests" for her AIDS concert,
- "That's what friends are for." Encouraging everyone to make a change, Dionne
- performed an amazing rendition of the Michael Jackson hit, "Man in the mirror."
- Throughout the program, Lena Horne and Blair Underwood provide the introductions
- for many of the guests. Returning to the stage, Dionne joins Burt Bacharach for a
- wonderful medley of the songs they recorded together. "A house is not a home"
- "What the world needs now" "Alfie" and "I will never love this way again." In
- addition to Dionne performing, many of her guests also stepped into the spotlight.
- Among them, "Expose, Howard Hewitt, Luther Vandross, Leslie Uggams, Mary
- Wilson, Barry Manilow, and Gladys Knight." All of these performances are
- exceptional! Especially "The way we were" by Gladys! Which is remarkable!
- As the show draws to a close, Dionne is joined by the original artists, who recorded
- the song, "That's what friends are for." I don't think anyone was even aware that
- Elton John had just arrived, and so when he suddenly appeared from the wings of
- the stage, the room erupted in applause! As they perform the song, all of the guests
- on hand for the concert, join them on stage. Overcome with emotion, Dionne is
- touched by their support!
- 1. During the "Arista Celebration: That's what friends are for" Dionne is joined on stage
- by her close friend, "Barry Manilow." Seated at the piano, he provides the musical
- foundation for her "exceptional" ballad, "I will never love this way again." As the
- show draws to a close, Dionne welcomes all of the "guests" and "entertainers" on
- stage, for the grand finale, "That's what friends are for."
- 2. During a salute to the legendary Sammy Davis Jr., Dionne performs
- a special song, in his honor.
- 3. Speaking from the heart, Stevie Wonder honors Dionne with the "Key of Life" award,
- on the 23rd Annual "NAACP Image Awards."
- 4. Along with her close friends, Patti LaBelle and Luther Vandross, Dionne joins them,
- as they host the 5th Annual "Soul Train Music Awards." Later in the program, she
- returns to perform a "jazz" version of the timeless classic, "Night and Day."
- Dionne looks absolutely radiant!
- 5. On the 24th Annual "NAACP Image Awards" Gladys Knight and Dionne host a tribute to
- their dear friend, Patti LaBelle, who is honored as "Entertainer of the Year."
- 6. On the 1992 "Grammy Awards" Johnny Mathis is joined by Dionne Warwick,
- as they present "Record of the Year."
- 7. Stepping in as a special correspondent for "Entertainment Tonight" Dionne covers
- the inauguration of President Bill Clinton. Throughout the segment she visits with
- many of the the entertainers on hand for the celebration, among them:
- "Diana Ross, Jack Nicholson, and Sidney Poitier."
- 8. During a special celebration honoring the 35th year of the "Grammy Awards"
- Dionne reflects upon the honor of winning a Grammy for her song, "I will
- never love this way again." In addition, to the interview they present
- a few minutes of her performing the song on stage, from the original
- show, along with her receiving the award.
- 9. Stepping into the spotlight, Dionne comes to the defense of her friend,
- O.J. Simpson, as those in the media question his innocence. This particular moment
- appeared on "Entertainment Tonight."
- 10. Presenting a special "hour" titled, "Divas of Soul" the Gordon Elliot Show,
- presented a full hour with some of the best! "Dionne Warwick" "Mary Wilson" and
- "Martha Wash." As always, Dionne looks wonderful! During the interview portion of
- the program, she discusses her life and career, in depth. Even touching upon her
- recent association with the "Physic Network." Later in the program, she sings
- her latest release, "So far away." Wonderful "full" screen moment!
- 11. Performing several of her classic hits, Dionne joins Burt Bacharach for
- "One Amazing Night." Among her selections, "Walk on by" "I say a little prayer"
- and "Do you know the way to San Jose." As always, Dionne looks radiant!
- 12. Making a surprise visit on the daytime serial, "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Dionne looks absolutely beautiful! On the second day of her appearance, she
- performs a song, especially written for the show.
- 13. Unfortunately, this next appearance is "joined in progress" due to the weekly
- test of our local civil defense system. Even though, I would have liked to have been
- able to present, the complete appearance of Dionne singing her classic hit, "What
- the world needs now" from the daytime talk show, "The View," I must admit, hearing
- the song, performed in a "hip hop" setting, with a group of "rap artists" filling in the
- song, didn't exactly win me over. In previous interviews, Dionne has been an avid
- spokesperson against "rap music" and the "images and messages" contained therein.
- So seeing her in this particular light, seemed to go against the stance that she has
- taken in the past. During the interview portion of the program, she mentions why
- she changed her view, but honestly, for me on a personal note, I'm not convinced.
- 14. Making a delightful appearance on the "Howie Mandel Show" Dionne returns
- to the spotlight, with a brand new album, titled "Dionne Sings Dionne." Truthfully, it's
- wonderful seeing her again! Throughout the interview, she talks about many things!
- Including the controversy surrounding the "Physic Network." Hearing her talk about
- her experience with the show, wasn't nearly as surprising, as when she mentioned
- that she no longer lives in the United States . . . that was a "surprise!" Stepping to
- the stage, she performs the classic, "Always something there to remind me."
- Seated by her side, is her son and grand-daughter.
- 1. On the 72nd annual "Academy Awards" Burt Bacharach treats the audience to
- some of the most beloved songs of all time. Among those who take to the stage to
- perform is Dionne Warwick, who sings a sensational version of "Alfie."
- 2. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted the recent disagreement between "The Today Show"
- and "Good Morning America" which unfortunately affected an outdoor concert
- that Dionne was giving for her fans.
- 3. Entertainment Tonight spotlighted Whitney's surprise appearance at the
- annual "Song Writer's Hall of Fame" celebration, which was honoring Dionne!
- 4. During A&E's salute to "Pop Music" week, Dionne was featured with her very own "Biography."
- Throughout the hour long profile we are given a rare glimpse into Dionne's life and career, from
- the early days to the present. There are so many photos and images presented, moment after
- moment, that you really get an impression of what it must have been like for her. They have
- also included a lot of vintage performances from her past, which are astounding! Many of her
- friends also share their thoughts on her and how her music touched their lives. From "Stevie
- Wonder" "Burt Bacharach" "Hal David" "Isaac Hayes" "Elton John" and many more!
- It's an exceptional tribute to one of the finest voices of our time!
- 5. Making a special holiday appearance at the Vatican, Dionne sings "The Voice of Maria."
- 6. During a special "Entertainment Tonight" segment titled, "Whatever happened to . . . "
- they profile Mary Wells struggle with throat cancer. Many of her long time friends speak
- fondly of her, including Dionne Warwick.
- 7. "Entertainment Tonight" was on hand for all the festivities of Liza Minnelli's marriage
- to David Gest. And there was a lot happening! Shortly after the service they visited with
- Dionne Warwick, who shared her thoughts on the celebration.
- 8. Always a natural in front of the camera, Dionne makes a special appearance on "Walker
- Texas Ranger." She plays the grandmother of a young girl who needs a liver transplant. As the
- storyline unfolds, the two of them sing a song together which just happens to be one of
- Dionne's biggest hits, "Say a little prayer." I hardly ever watched the program when it
- originally aired and so it was interesting to see how Dionne figured into the show. She did
- 1. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted the news that Dionne had been arrested, after
- authorities had found marijuana in her luggage, upon re-entering the United States.
- 2. Leave it to "Entertainment Tonight" to keep us up to date on the latest details
- following Dionne's arrest.
- 3. If you want to be seen in Los Angeles, you only have to attend an L.A. Lakers
- basketball game! "Entertainment Tonight" visited with all the celebrities as they
- gathered together for the latest must see event. Dionne was spotted with her son,
- standing outside the arena.
- 4. As the "Kennedy Center" honored Elizabeth Taylor for all of her work on behalf of
- those affected with AIDS, it seemed only fitting that Dionne should perform the song,
- which became the anthem for their fight. With Burt Bacharach at the piano, Dionne sings
- a heartfelt version of "That's what friends are for."
- 5. During an "exceptional" Lifetime "Intimate Portrait" we are given a glimpse into
- Dionne's life and career, from her early days to the present. Throughout the
- program we are treated to so many photos and images of her, which really
- give us a feel for all of her achievements. We also hear from some of her
- closest friends. "Elton John" "Gladys Knight" "Burt Bacharach" and many more!
- It's a wonderful retrospective that will leave you wanting to hear all those
- old songs again! As her story unfolds, we also hear from her children, who
- speak lovingly of their famous mother. Scattered throughout the program,
- they also feature countless "vintage" film clips from the past! Which are
- priceless! They have really captured the essense which made Dionne
- 6. During the "American Film Institute's" 100 Greatest Songs of all time,
- Dionne shares her thoughts on several of the songs which have become the
- tapestry of our lives. Among them one of the greatest songs of all time, "I will
- always love you" by Whitney Houston!
- 7. Appearing on "The Wayne Brady Show" Dionne looks sensational! It's so nice to
- see her! This particular interview is really quite interesting because when Wayne asks
- her about being in the music business for nearly forty years, Dionne becomes kind of
- philosophical about it all. As she speaks from the heart, it really means a lot to her.
- After they return from the break, the two of them perform a wonderful version of
- "Say a little prayer." Wayne has such a great voice, and to have him singing
- along with Dionne is truly "exceptional!"
- 8. While attending the "Song Writer's Hall of Fame" Dionne honors her dear friends
- Burt Bacharach and Hal David, who wrote so many of her hits! As the show draws
- to a close, Dionne performs a wonderful version of "What the world needs now."
- 9. Looking absolutely sensational, Dionne makes a special holiday appearance
- on "The View." It's hard to believe but she has never released a Christmas album,
- until now. Stepping to the stage she performs a wonderful version of the timeless
- classic, "White Christmas." When I first heard this, I was simply enchanted with it!
- While other singers allow themselves to be overshadowed by the arrangement of
- the music, Dionne has allowed the beauty of her voice to come through, with just
- the slightest music accompanying her. Absolutely beautiful!
- "Thank you" for visiting the "Dionne Warwick" Video Archive.
- Throughout the years, I've shared many of these moments from
- my collection. I have the ability to place these moments onto
- video tape or dvd. I look forward to hearing from you!