Video Collection #1
- 1. Throughout the years, Bob Hope visited the troops overseas many times, and one
- of his favorite guests was "Ann Jillian!" As you will see later on! Looking simply wonderful
- Ann playfully spends a few minutes with Bob, before the two of them perform a duet
- together, titled: "The Two of Us."
- 2. With words of advice, Ann touches upon her recent operation for breast
- cancer, during this particular segment from "Entertainment Tonight."
- 3. Fighting back the tears, Ann details the events surrounding her recent operation
- for breast cancer, during an "extended" interview from "Entertainment Tonight." Long
- before the "two minute" soundbytes, that we are accustom to seeing today, there was
- a time when an "interview" meant just that! And this particular one is exceptional!
- While visiting with Rona Barrett, Ann mentions how her battle with breast cancer has
- changed her "life" and . . . . to a much smaller degree, her "career." She is truly an
- 4. Returning to the stage, Ann makes an "exceptional" appearance on behalf of "Lou
- Rawls Parade of Stars" performing a rousing version of the song, "I am singing."
- Ann simply commands your attention! She looks absolutely wonderful!
- 5. Making the first appearance of many on the daytime talk show, "Hour Magazine"
- Ann discusses her cancer surgery, and how it has changed her life. As the interview
- shifts to her husband, Andy, he shares with us how this ordeal has strengthened their
- relationship. As a special request, Ann has asked if she may perform a song and
- dedicate it to him, for all the love and support that he has shown during her illness.
- Believe me, there's not a dry eye in the house as she sings a stirring rendition of the
- 6. Looking absolutely radiant, Ann makes a wonderful appearance on "The Today Show"
- as she talks about her latest television movie, "Killer in the mirror." The balance of the
- interview is focused upon her return to acting, "full time" after her recent illness.
- 7. During an "exceptional" "Coverstory" we are treated to an overview of Ann's
- incredible "life and career!" Throughout the program they present so many images
- of Ann, that it was hard to feature just a few of them! Because she looks simply
- radiant, in all of the segments! She is so beautiful! A portion of the program is
- filmed in the studio, at her home, and so we are treated to an "excellent rehearsal"
- of her new show! Complete with some fancy dance steps, and a few bars of two
- of the songs, that she plans to feature in her act, "If that isn't love" and "Wind
- beneath my wings." In addition to Andy, several of Ann's friends speak fondly of
- her, which truly is a testament to her warm and caring personality. Interestingly,
- she touches upon the return of "It's a living" to the television line up, and even
- shows off some of her skills as a "waitress!" at one of her favorite restaurants.
- Which is really cute! As I mentioned earlier, this is an "exceptional" profile of
- Ann! With "wonderful" full screen closeups! ( I'd like to mention, that due the
- fact that Ann's hair is so incredibly "white" it was hard to get a picture, where
- she didn't BLEND into the background! So these photos don't reflect how
- beautiful she looks! I wonder how the producer was able to even photograph
- her in some of these scenes, because they placed her in a room that was
- completely white, and then during the moment with Andy, they are seated by
- the pool, in direct sunlight! So please keep this in mind, as you look at these
- 8. During this particular moment from "The Today Show" Ann visits with Jane Pauley, via
- satellite, about her upcoming television movie, "The Ann Jillian Story." Which gives Ann
- an opportunity to reach more individuals about the awareness of early detection, in the
- battle against breast cancer.
- 9. Ironically, this next interview, taken from the "Phil Donahue Show" presents the
- talented singer and actress on a completely different level, than the one that we have
- seen in all of the previous interviews. Instead of reflecting upon her battle with breast
- cancer, this particular appearance is mainly centered around the concept of "successful"
- women, who are involved with "blue collar" workers. With Andy by her side, they discuss
- how the two of them met, and what attracted them to each other. From there, they
- touch upon the many aspects of their relationship, personally and professionally.
- 10. Looking simply radiant, and full of life! Ann stops by the set of "Hour Magazine" for
- another delightful interview, with the popular daytime host, Gary Collins. As they visit,
- Ann mentions several of her "upcoming projects!" One of which is a brand new album!
- Stepping to the stage, she performs one of the selections that she has recorded, "I love
- you, says it very well." Wonderful "full" screen moments throughout! Very "upclose!"
- 11. Although this particular moment is slightly out of place, it's still interesting watching
- Ann on the set, as she films several scenes for the "Ann Jillian Story."
- As she explains, during this moment from "Entertainment Tonight"
- "this is a movie for women, and the men that love them."
- 12. Throughout the years, Ann has appeared on "Hour Magazine" many times, but this
- latest appearance is devoted to her television movie, "The Ann Jillian Story." As she
- visits with Gary Collins, she expresses the need for early detection, in the battle
- against any form of cancer. As always, Ann looks splendid!
- 13. Making a wonderful appearance at the "Country Music Awards" Ann
- presents one of the honors for the evening.
- 14. On a lighter note, Ann steps into the role of the "Red Queen" in the mini-series,
- 15. Returning to the set of "Hour Magazine" Ann simply shines, as the "woman of the hour."
- Not only during this particular episode, but for the "entire week!" Throughout her stay, she
- displays her incredible warmth and personality! Completely at home in any setting! When
- discussing one of the charities that she is personally involved with, Ann is clearly moved to
- tears. Later in the program, she sings a song, dedicated in part to those less fortunate.
- The selection is titled, "Little things mean alot." After listening to her sing this song,
- there isn't a dry eye in the house; it's exceptional!
Video Collection #2
- 1. Looking simply radiant, performing a spirited rendition of the song, "Winner in you"
- Ann makes a splendid appearance on the "Pat Sajak Show." Afterwards, the crowd
- goes wild! They absolutely love her! During the interview portion of the program,
- she relates several interesting stories about the many times she has performed
- on stage; which is really cute. Wonderful "full" screen moment!
- 2. During an "excellent" interview on "Public People Private Lives" Ann touches upon
- her incredible life and career. From the early days to the present! It's always
- refreshing listening to her! And especially during this interview, because she
- confesses that she will probably "never grow up, always remaining child like
- in the way she views the world, full of wonder and looking at the positive side
- of everything." She shares with us, how fortunate she has been throughout
- her life, always surrounded by people that love and care for her. When asked
- if there is one song, in particular, that is perhaps a "favorite" she doesn't
- hesitate for a minute, she mentions the "Wind beneath my wings." As she
- performs a few bars of the song "accappella" a tear comes to her eye, as
- she thinks of her parents and her husband, Andy.
- 3. At the 46th Annual "Golden Globe Awards" Ann was honored as the
- "Best Actress in a Mini-Series or Television Motion Picture." Clearly surprised
- when they announced her name, this moment is absolutely wonderful!
- 4. Returning to the "Pat Sajak Show" for a delightful visit, Ann simply lights up the room,
- with her radiant personality! She looks absolutely gorgeous! As she sits down for the
- interview, Pat congratulates her, on her recent win at the "Golden Globes." It's interesting
- listening to her, as she relates the events of the evening, and how she felt when they
- announced her name. While visiting with Pat, he asks her how Andy is feeling because
- his name has been in the press quite a bit lately, as he battles his own illness. Ann
- mentions that he is doing much better, thanks to all the letters and "get well" wishes
- that he has received from the fans. Throughout the rest of the program,
- Ann touches upon many things!
- 5. Upon the release of his book, "Man to man" Andy presents his own account of
- the circumstances surrounding Ann's battle with cancer, during this moment, taken
- from the "Geraldo Show." After several interviews and personal appearances
- where the subject hasn't been mentioned at all, it seems as if Andy's book is
- bringing it all back into the spotlight again. Even though she is always "upbeat"
- and "full of life" you can sense that Ann is a little uncomfortable, revisiting the
- events of what happened. Allowing Andy, for the most part, to share his
- side of the story. One of the more interesting aspects of their conversation
- is how "Hollywood" has reacted to Ann's illness, throughout the years.
- This is a wonderful interview, from beginning to end!
- 6. With the release of Ann's latest television movie, "Original Sin" there is a certain
- determination on her part, to place the events of her battle with breast cancer,
- in the past, as you will hear, during this interview from "Hollywood Insider."
- 7. Lending her incredible presence to a special titled, "Freedom Festival '89 "
- Ann treats us to an "EXCEPTIONAL" selection! The song that she has chosen begins
- with several bars of "America the Beautiful" but then shifts into another selection
- altogether, where "the dream goes on . . . . in America!" During her performance
- Ann displays her incredible vocal range and talent,
- which is nothing short of "AMAZING!"
- 8. "Entertainment Tonight" stopped by the set of Ann's next project, "Little White Lies"
- for a short visit, with the talented actress.
- 9. Spotlighting an upcoming special, devoted to "SeaWorld"
- "Entertainment Tonight" visits with it's host, "Ann Jillian" for a few minutes!
- 10. With Andy by her side, Ann makes an exceptional appearance on the
- Lifetime program, "Attitudes." Throughout the show, they talk many things.
- Including her current television series, "The Ann Jillian Show" which was taken
- off the air for a short time, so some changes could be made to the storyline.
- As the show draws to a close, Ann confesses that without Andy's love and
- support, she wouldn't be where she is at today.
- 11. Looking simply fabulous, Ann makes a splendid appearance at the
- "Golden Globes" presenting one of the awards, for the evening.
- 12. While in Washington, D.C. Ann was honored by the American Cancer Society,
- on behalf of her efforts to raise more awareness about the disease.
- 13. Returning to nearly the point, from where our collection began, it's almost
- as if we have come "full circle." As you will see during this moment from another
- "Bob Hope Special." If there ever was a song more fitting, to describe Ann Jillian's
- life and the incredible journey, that we have followed her on . . . this would be her
- song, "Let the good times roll." Watching her perform this selection is like a
- breath of fresh air! She looks absolutely wonderful! So full of life!
- 14. On a final note, Ann stops by the set of "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee"
- to discuss her latest television movie, that will be shown later that evening.
- Unfortunately, this particular interview is typical of the "two minute soundbyte"
- where the guest is allowed very little time, and the overall interview contains
- very little substance. If I'm not mistaken, they didn't even mention the
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those that you have only heard about!
- Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my collection
- with my friends, and they have always been amazed by all the appearances
- that I managed to record. To ensure the highest quality possible, I use a
- "dual deck vcr" when I'm sharing any of these moments from my collection.
- I look forward to hearing from you!