- 1. With "Dynasty" a ratings winner, ABC's "20/20" caught up with Joan Collins,
- for an exceptional "up close" interview, in which she talks at length about her character on
- the show, and how it reflects her own personality. Interestingly, they also interview Susan
- Lucci, and it's funny listening to Joan's thoughts on the popular day time star. "Who?"
- It's clear there is only one 'bitch.'
- 2. Appearing on "Good Morning America" Joan shares with us, her thoughts on her
- recent pictorial in "Playboy" magazine. While I applaud her decision, I find it interesting
- all these years later, that the reasons haven't changed. If you were to ask any of the
- "playmates" today, the answer would be the same.
- 3. Appearing on the Emmy awards, Joan is on hand with Linda and John as they
- present one of the awards of the evening. They all look "great!"
- 4. Looking "sensational" Joan stops by the set of "Hour Magazine" for a delightful visit!
- With thirty years of the business under her belt, Joan talks about the things she is able
- to do now, that she never would have dreamed of doing when she first started. On a
- lighthearted note, Joan talks about her recent pictorial in "Playboy." She also goes on
- to talk about her autobiography, "Past Imperfect" and Gary gets himself into a spot of
- trouble, when it comes to talking about the men in Joan's life. She confronts the
- "headlines" as Gary brings to her attention all the things they have been writing about
- her in the tabloids. Joan's reaction is priceless, as she discounts more than a few of
- them! She's full of spirit, smiling and having a wonderful time!
- 5. Joined in progress, Joan stops by the "Tonight Show" for a spirited visit with guest
- host, "Joan Rivers." As you might imagine, the two ladies are more than "chatty" with one
- another! Always lead by Ms. Rivers fascination with the topic of "sex" the interview becomes
- a "tell - all!" in which Joan spills more than a few secrets! She's more than willing to share
- with us, her feelings on "everything!" Her "pictorial in Playboy" "younger men" "all those
- sex scenes on Dynasty" and so much more! Candid and upfront, Joan doesn't miss a beat,
- as she talks about everything!
- 6. During a special "Dean Martin Celebrity Roast, Honoring Joan Collins" we are treated an
- exceptional star studded evening honoring the talented actress. Joan looks gorgeous!
- Throughout the program, her friends speak fondly of her, while giving us more than a
- few laughs! It's a great evening! With some of the best!
- 7. Looking absolutely "radiant" Joan makes a splendid return to the set of "Hour
- Magazine." With "Dynasty" becoming such a success, she talks about what it has done
- for her, not only in terms of her career, but also in her personal life. She's thrilled with the
- success of show! During the show, they present a few minutes of Joan receiving her
- "Star" on Hollywood Blvd., from earlier in the day. Speaking candidly about the show, Joan
- talks about her inspiration for Alexis! On a personal note, she discusses her family, including
- the accident which involved her daughter. Great interview! Wonderful "up close" moment!
- 8. With the release of her book, "Past Imperfect" here in the States, Joan stops by the
- set of the "Today Show" for an interesting interview. She looks sensational! Touching
- upon the men that she has been involved with, she discusses the qualities that she looks
- for in a man. She also mentions many other things. Wonderful "full" screen moment!
- During the second part of her interview the conversation returns to her book, and the
- reason for writing it, which is a direct reflection of Joan's image, and being a woman in
- the business. "I don't do things the easy way" she confides. Great interview!
- 9. Looking absolutely "beautiful" Joan gives an insightful and interesting interview to
- Helen Gurley Brown, of "Cosmopolitan" magazine. The conversation centers around Joan's
- life and career, touching upon a variety of things. Joan seems very open and willing to
- share her thoughts on her "past" no matter how "imperfect" it may have seemed to others.
- Romance has always played a part in her life, and matters of the heart! Which discusses in
- great detail! This is a very nice interview!
- 10. Following the success of "Dynasty" Joan stepped into a variety of roles, that seemed
- to be tailor made for the talented star! On the set of the "Cartier Affair" she talks about
- her character in the movie, during this interview from "Entertainment Tonight."
- 11. "Entertainment Tonight" caught up with Joan Collins for an interesting interview,
- where she talks about her role on "Dynasty." Which has afforded her an opportunity to
- be one of the most successful women in Hollywood.
- 1. When it comes to "vixens" the 80's firmly established "Joan Collins" as one of the best,
- along with the delightful "Morgan Fairchild!" So it seemed only fitting that two ladies would
- host a special together, titled: "Blondes vs. Brunettes!" Throughout the program it's hard to
- say who looked more "gorgeous!" Both of them look stunning! Playing upon the roles that each
- of them have created, Joan steps into the role of "Krystal Carrington" while Morgan plays the
- devilish "Alexis!" It doesn't get any better than this! Several other skits find the two talented
- actresses exploring the age old question, do blondes have more fun? Or brunettes?
- Morgan and Joan are having a great time!
- 2. Looking absolutely stunning, Joan makes a wonderful appearance on the "Phil Donahue"
- show. Many of the things she mentioned earlier in some of the previous interviews, are
- touched upon again, but in greater detail. It's an exceptional hour with the talented star!
- 3. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted the latest "Dynasty" collectible available to those
- who are looking for the ultimate treasure! "Dolls" created in the likeness of Krystal and
- Alexis, complete with all the diamonds!
- 4. "Dynasty" gave Joan Collins a second chance at stardom, and the means by which to live the
- life she always wanted, which we learn from this interview from "The Start of Something Big."
- ( full write up to follow )
- 5. During the first of many segments from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"
- we are treated to an exceptional "up close" moment with Joan!
- Wonderful "full" screen moment!
- ( full write up to follow )
- 6. "Good Morning America" took us "Behind the Scenes" of "Dynasty" with a glimpse of how
- some of the fabulous evening gowns are created by Nolan Miller.
- 7. "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" spotlighted a special segment with Joan,
- as she talks about her autobiography, "Past Imperfect." For the first time, she touches
- upon the accident that nearly took her daughter's life. Which changed her perspective
- on "everything" completely!
- 8. "Entertainment Tonight" was on deck as "The Love Boat" announced who would set sail,
- as it's 1000th guest! Many of those who had appeared on the show, we also on hand
- for the celebration! When asked about the long running show, Joan commented
- that it was written into her contract that she had to appear on "The Love Boat."
- 9. Speaking of the "Love Boat" the cast of the popular night time program,
- hosted ABC's "All Star Fall Party." Looking splendid as always, Joan was on hand
- 10. During a special weekend edition of "Entertainment Tonight" Barbara Howar
- interviews the stunning, "Joan Collins!" After talking about the role which turned her
- career around, Joan touches upon many things. Including spending time with her family,
- staying out of the spotlight, the men in her life, her parents and so much more! With Paris
- France as a backdrop, Joan takes us to the set of her upcoming mini-series, "Sins." As
- the interview continues, Peter joins us and shares his thoughts on their relationship.
- This is truly a wonderful in depth interview! Quite "long" too!
- 11. Speaking from the heart, Joan shares her feelings about her relationship with
- Peter, as we "Runaway with the Rich and Famous." Although a portion of this interview
- was shown earlier on "Lifestyles" they have expanded upon it, with some additional
- 12. This next moment from "The Today Show" literally jumps out at you! Joan looks
- absolutely "radiant" as she gives us a preview of her latest endeavor, "ladies hats!"
- When asked about her upcoming mini-series, Joan explains that an actor generally
- has the ability to play many roles, on screen and off!
- 13. Winning "Favorite Dramatic Series" the cast of Dynasty accepts the honor on the
- 11th Annual "People's Choice Awards." Later in the program, Joan receives the honor
- of "Favorite Female Television Performer." Joan simply sparkles!
- 14. "Entertainment Tonight" caught up with Joan after winning her honor on
- the "People's Choice Awards."
- 1. "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" caught up with Joan in Paris, France
- where she was filming her upcoming mini-series. We are treated to an exceptional
- interview, sprinkled with moments from the set. She looks absolutely "gorgeous!"
- 2. Appearing on the 37th annual "Emmy Awards" Joan looks simply smashing, as
- she presents one of the honors for the evening.
- 3. Looking "beautiful" as always, Joan makes a special appearance on ABC's annual
- "Fall Party" which spotlights some our favorite programs, that will be returning
- 4. During a special segment from "Good Morning America" we are treated to an
- exceptional interview with the entire cast of "Dynasty" as they return for another season.
- 5. Speaking on behalf of her fellow cast members, Joan accepts the honor of "Favorite
- Dramatic Television Series" during this exceptional moment from the "People's Choice Awards."
- 6. "Entertainment Tonight" attended a party thrown for Joan, celebrating the
- success of her mini-series! She looks "gorgeous!"
- 7. During this short segment from "Entertainment Tonight" Joan talks about her
- mini-series, "Sins." If there seems to be a similarity between her character in the series
- and Alexis, it's because Joan didn't want to totally step away from the type of individual
- that her fans have come to expect from her. Which often leads many to describe a woman
- with that much strength and conviction, as being "bitchy." A quality that Joan quickly
- defends. Wonderful "full" screen moment. She looks fantastic!
- 8. With millions of viewers watching the "Carringtons" week after week, "Lifestyles of
- the Rich and Famous" spotlighted the jet set life of it's most famous star! Even though it
- may seem very glamorous working on one of the highest rated television series ever,
- Joan assures us that it requires a great deal of work. Whether she is in front of the
- camera, or making an appearance in London to promote her perfume line, Joan is always
- giving a hundred and ten percent. While in London Joan takes a moment to visit with her
- father, before returning to the States.
- 9. Returning to Paris, "Entertainment Tonight" caught up with Joan on the set of her next project,
- "Monte Carlo." Filming the series brought back memories of her parents and friends, who were
- directly affected by the events of World War I, and the hardships they suffered.
- 10. While on the set of "Dynasty" "Entertainment Tonight" spoke to each of the cast members
- as the show celebrated it's 150th episode. All three of it's main principal stars, expressed their
- concern over a decline in ratings, and what we could expect for the new fall season.
- 11. With "Monte Carlo" finished and ready to premiere, Joan visits with "Entertainment
- Tonight" about the mini-series. Plus many other things, including her thoughts on
- 12. Looking absolutely "radiant" Joan takes us "behind the scenes" as she films
- her latest project, "Monte Carlo." It's interesting watching her on the set, during this
- exceptional moment from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." When not in front of the
- camera, Joan can be seen enjoying the nightlife of the city! EXCEPTIONAL full screen
- moments with Joan! She looks absolutely FABULOUS! They really spent some quality
- time with her during this particular interview!
- 13. Appearing on the 39th annual Emmy Awards, Joan presents the award for "Best
- Television Comedy." She looks wonderful!
- 14. Looking beautiful as always, Joan makes a special appearance on "Hour Magazine."
- The main focus of her interview with Gary Collins centered around the moment in which
- she decided to take her acting seriously, which ultimately shaped her destiny. Very
- 15. "Entertainment Tonight" was on hand, along with nearly every other news reporter
- in Hollywood, as Joan stepped into the court room to end her marriage to Peter Holm.
- As they are preparing to leave she exclaims, "He's a bit of a loser!"
- 16. Even CNN reported on the trial, catching up with Joan as she was leaving the
- court room, after the verdict was announced.
- 17. Slightly out of place, this next moment from "Entertainment Tonight" spotlights
- all the assorted areas that Joan is involved in, from jewelry, perfume, eyeglasses, and
- so much more! She looks wonderful! There are so many different images!
- 18. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted Joan latest endeavor, a line of "woman's lingerie."
- 19. During a special "All Star Party for Joan Collins" many of her long time friends gather
- together to pay tribute to the talented actress. Among them, "Rich Little" "Bea Arthur"
- "Michelle Lee" "Jimmy Stewart" and many many more! It's an exceptional evening,
- honoring a dear lady! Joan simply "sparkles!" Speaking from the heart, she
- "thanks" everyone for the honor!
- 20. Upon returning to her home in London, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" caught up with Joan,
- for a wonderful "up close" interview! She looks sensational! Speaking from the heart, she talks
- about her family, and why England will always be her home! Throughout the rest of the interview,
- they touch upon her various projects, which keeps her incredibly busy. They present so many
- images and moments with Joan, it's hard to describe all of them!
- She is truly living a spectacular life!
- 21. "Hollywood Insider" presented a few minutes with Joan, as she considers leaving
- "Dynasty" when her contract ends, and what she plans to do in the future! She
- also discusses where she found the inspiration for her novel, "Prime Time."
- 22. During an "up close" moment from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" we are treated to
- another great interview with Joan! She touches upon her reason for leaving "Dynasty" and
- her plans for the future. Which include a variety of things!
- 23. With the release of her new book, Joan stops by the set of "CBS This Morning" for
- an interesting visit. She looks fabulous as always! For years there was always a great deal
- of speculation on whether Joan was like her character on "Dynasty." The same thought comes
- to mind again as she talks about her new book, which places her in the position of defending
- herself across the board.
- 24. Looking sensational as always, Joan returns to the set of "Hour Magazine" for a delightful
- visit. She touches upon the rumor that she is leaving "Dynasty" by discussing her plans for
- the future, which may or may not lead her back to the drama series. Gary always treats her
- with so much respect. It's a wonderful interview!
- 1. Joan always looks "sensational" but there's a certain sparkle in her eyes, as she makes an
- "exceptional" appearance on the "Arsenio Hall Show." Dressed in a "beautiful" sequined top,
- she looks absolutely gorgeous! Joan is always working on some sort of project, this time around
- she's promoting her brand new book. Which dominates the first part of the interview. After the
- break, she explains the difference between talk shows in England, and those that we see here in
- the States. Which leads her talk about other differences. Great interview!
- 2. Returning to the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" we are treated to a "Dynasty"
- fashion show, compliments of Nolan Miller. Among his special guests, "Joan Collins" "Linda
- Evans" "Stephanie Beacham" and many others!
- 3. Dressed in a STUNNING! evening gown, Joan welcomes us to the 46th annual "Golden
- Globe Awards." She looks absolutely gorgeous!
- 4. While appearing on "Entertainment Tonight" Joan talks about her latest project,
- a brand new perfume! Which is part of her plan to shift the public's perception of her, away
- from the image that they know her most by, "Alexis."
- 5. What could be better than one "Joan" but "two!" As you will see, when Joan Collins
- stops by the set of Joan Lunden's series, "Everyday." Both of them look great!
- After the break, Ms. Collins interviews her dear friend, "Vanessa Redgrave!" Who
- rarely allows herself to be interviewed. This is an exceptional moment!
- 6. Stepping to the stage on the 47th annual "Golden Globe Awards" Joan presents two of the
- honors for the evening. As always, she looks great!
- 7. If there is one individual that brings out the best in all of her guests, it would have
- to "Oprah!" Making a special appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show, Joan looks radiant!
- And the crowd is "thrilled" to see her! As we learn during their conversation, Joan has
- experienced her share of "ups and downs" throughout the years, but she picks herself up
- and carries on! She talks about her brand new book, and many other things! Far too things
- to mention! It's a delightful hour!
- 8. Although joined in progress, this next moment from the "Arsenio Hall Show" provides
- us with a wonderful glimpse of Joan! After talking about her current project, she is asked
- about her children, and how they are doing. Following that, she puts to rest the notion that
- she is like her character on "Dynasty." Which she finds funny, because she has left the show
- and yet, they still want to make the comparison between them. She goes on to talk about
- many things! Very nice interview!
- 9. "Entertainment Tonight" caught up with Joan, as she lashes out at one of the tabloids after
- they printed semi-nude photos of her, from the south of France.
- 10. With "Private Lives" opening in Los Angeles, Joan makes a "splendid" appearance on the
- "Tonight Show." She looks "smashing!" Very very glamorous! She shares with us several
- stories centered around the play, and so much more! It's an exceptional interview!
- 11. After a splendid introduction by Greg Kinear, Joan makes a "great" appearance on NBC's
- late night talk show, "Later." When asked whether the British would appreciate some of the
- more 'popular' programs here, like "Talk Soup!" Joan touches upon the differences between
- the two cultures. The fun doesn't stop there! They present a scene from "Dynasty" dubbed
- in French! And it's hilarious! After which, Joan points out that we need to replay the tape,
- because it's her "stand in" that Blake is choking! Which is so funny! And there's more!
- Greg slips and says something that is unintentionally taken wrong, and Joan exclaims, "I
- didn't know you were 'that way!'" After which she quickly apologizes because she knows
- that he isn't gay, but it played right along with all the fun they were having together! After
- the break the fun continues, as Joan demonstrates one of her exercises from her brand
- new video, and so the two of them are doing the "hula!" This was one of those "rare"
- moments, which allowed us to see the "playful" side of Joan! And there's much more,
- than what I've mentioned here! She was laughing and having fun the whole show!
- 12. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted Joan's return to the big screen in "Decadence" where
- she plays two characters: one of them a rich socialite and the other, a woman down on her luck!
- 13. Returning to the "Golden Globe Awards" Joan is always a favorite! She looks radiant!
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those that you have only heard about!
Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my collection
- with my friends, and they have always been astounded by all the appearances
- that I was able to record. To ensure the highest quality possible, I use a "dual deck"
- vcr when I'm sharing any of these moments from my collection.
- I look forward to hearing from you!