- 1. The first time that I can remember seeing "Gloria Loring" must have been from
- her role on the daytime serial, "Days of Our Lives." Because essentially, that is the
- only role I have ever seen her play! Ever since then, I have admired this talented
- lady very much! Unfortunately, I probably came into the picture a bit late, considering
- the number of times that she performed on the show, but I do have one of her
- appearances, and this one is EXCEPTIONAL! Stepping to the stage, with Al Jarreau,
- the two of them perform a rousing rendition of the Elton John classic, "Take me to
- the Pilot." It's easy to see why she was such an endearing character on the show.
- 2. Ironically it seems that alot of things seemed to come together at the same time,
- placing Gloria into the spotlight! A hit single, "Friends and Lovers" . . . a self titled,
- debut album . . . a sizzling romance with Don Diamont . . . and the decision to leave
- the daytime serial, "Days of Our Lives." Reflecting back upon all of this, I'm sure
- the tabloids must have had a field day! Which makes this particular moment from
- the television show, "Fame Fortune and Romance" all the more important. Because
- here's the "real story!" All of those areas are covered in this "exceptional" program
- and then some! Relaxing by the pool, Gloria talks about her relationship with Don,
- and then later, he sits down to present his side of the story, as well. It's clear to
- see that the two of them are very committed to each other.
- 3. Upon learning of her son's diabetes, Gloria made a decision to find a cure for the
- disease, not only for the sake of her son, but also to help others as well. All of which
- is brought to light, during this interview, from "The Today Show." In addition to her
- work on behalf of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, they also touch upon her new
- album, and some of the other things happening in her life.
- Gloria looks absolutely radiant!
- 4. Making a sensational appearance on "American Bandstand" Gloria steps to the stage,
- with Carl Anderson for a stirring rendition of their hit single, "Friends and Lovers."
- Gloria looks so beautiful! "Exceptional" full screen moment!
- 5. After a warm reception from the audience, Gloria settles in for a wonderful appearance
- on the daytime talk show, "Hour Magazine." Looking radiant as always, Gloria simply
- sparkles, as she touches upon many of the things happening in her life and career. First
- and foremost is her highly successful duet, "Friends and Lovers." Which she confides took
- ten months to bring to light. Ironically, she mentions, that the executives didn't want to
- take her seriously, because she was known as an "actress." Which is funny because
- there was a time, before she accepted the role on "Days of Our Lives" that she was only
- known as a "singer." Gloria also mentions her upcoming departure from the role of Liz
- Chandler, on the popular daytime soap opera, and her plans for the future.
- 6. Stepping to the stage, at the American Music Awards, Gloria helps present
- one of the honors for the evening.
- 7. Looking absolutely sensational, Gloria makes a wonderful appearance on the
- Lifetime program, "Attitudes." As they visit with her, it's interesting to learn that
- she had actually been in the "entertainment business" for nearly twenty-one years,
- before she became an "over night success!" Throughout the interview, Gloria talks
- about many things, including: her marriage to Alan Thicke, her strained relationship
- with her father, and the reason behind her separation from Don Diamont. Which is
- really surprising! As their conversation draws to a close, Gloria is asked an
- interesting question, "how did you become so confident?" Speaking from the
- heart, she confesses that she arrived at a point in her life, when nothing
- seemed to be working anymore, and she decided it was time to listen
- to her inner voice! Which gave her all the strength she needed!
- 8. Ironically, one of the reasons which lead to Gloria's separation from Don Diamont,
- is the very idea, which finds her appearing on the program, titled "Mother's Day."
- As Joan Lunden welcomes Gloria to the set, she mentions that she is expecting her
- third child! Because the central theme of the program is focused on the "family"
- naturally their conversation touches upon Gloria's two children, and how her
- one son is coping with his diabetes. Throughout the rest of the interview, Gloria
- talks about her latest book, and touches upon the difficult times they have
- faced, but are managing as a "family."
- 9. There was a time on television when "variety" meant many things, and for some
- reason this "EXCEPTIONAL" moment from a special devoted to "SeaWorld" brings those
- moments to mind. Performing a delightful rendition of "One Love" Gloria looks simply
- 10. "Everyday" with Joan Lunden
- singing a solo version of "Friends and Lovers"
- 14. TNN's "Prime Time Country" singing "Not gonna go there"
- 15. Making a very special appearance on one of the final episodes of the
- Sally Jesse Raphael Show, Gloria reminds us of why she was one of our all time
- favorite, day time stars! As the show draws to a close she sings a wonderful
- rendition of her hit, "Friends and Lovers."
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those that you have only heard about!
- Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my collection
- with my friends, and they have always been amazed by all the appearances
- that I managed to record. To ensure the highest quality possible, I use a
- "dual deck vcr" when I'm sharing any of these moments from my collection.
- I look forward to hearing from you!