- 1. With the success of "Everybody Everybody" riding high on the charts, along
- with the pending legal action against the creators of "C & C Music Factory" it
- was rather unfortunate, that it took the circumstances involved, to finally
- bring Martha into the "spotlight!" For those of us familiar with her incredible
- talent, it was clear that she was the "voice!" behind the music, but for many
- they had never even heard of her. But soon, they wouldn't forget her!
- Making a very special appearance on the "Arsenio Hall" show, Martha
- performed a rousing rendition of the hit, "Everybody Everybody" leaving
- no doubt, as to who the "real" singer was! And that's how her interview
- with Arsenio began! Speaking very softly, it was a pleasure listening to
- Martha share her thoughts about what had happened, and heartbreaking
- too, as she touched upon thought that it had taken her many years,
- to get to this point, only to have someone else receive the credit. As she
- visited with Arsenio, she mentioned many things, one of them being:
- "I am the real thing, there is no imitation. There are a lot of falsehoods
- going on in the business, and people need to be aware of what's going on."
- Throughout the interview she speaks frankly about the music business,
- sharing with us her incredible wisdom.
- 2. While reporting on the controversy surrounding the situation in the music
- business, where some of the entertainers are using "pre-recorded" tracks, Martha's
- lovely personality suddenly came into focus! Touching upon what had happened to
- her with the "Blackbox" situation, she issued a word of caution: "When the tape breaks,
- and the music stops, and the microphones are turned on, you're going to have to
- 3. Making a special appearance at Sheryl Lee Ralph's annual benefit "Divas
- Simply Singing" Martha looks absolutely wonderful!
- 4. Returning to the "Arsenio Hall" Show, Martha is on board for the entire evening! Singing
- not only her newest hit, "Give it to you" but also smaller performances between the breaks and
- the individual interview segments. Beginning with her trademark vocal "Everybody Dance Now"
- layered across a sizzling funky beat, Martha's voice is simply remarkable! After a few minutes
- with the talented singer, they begin to cut away for a commercial but before we've even left the
- building, Martha delivers a rousing rendition of Aretha Franklin's "Freeway of love." Which is
- 5. With the release of her first solo album, Martha stops by the set of "BET" for a
- wonderful interview! For the most part, their conversation centers around the music
- contained on the new album, which is a mixture of "ballads" "dance numbers" and "cover
- versions." Also during the interview, we are treated to her "brand new video" for the
- song, "Give it to you." Which is very erotic! Returning to the set, Martha focuses on how
- she selects her songs, and what she looks for. It's very interesting listening to her!
- 6. While making a guest appearance on the Ricki Lake show, Martha has the honor
- of being one of the judges in the "Sexiest Man in America" contest! Looking wonderful,
- as always, it's great seeing her! And she is clearly having a fabulous time! With so
- many beautiful men struting across the stage, it's only fitting that Martha should
- be asked to perform the classic "Weather Girls" song, "It's raining men."
- Which is simply fantastic!
- 7. Looking simply radiant! Martha makes a delightful visit to the "Gordon Elliot Show!"
- When his show returned for a brand new season, Martha's instinctive voice could be heard
- singing the opening theme song. So it was only fitting, when he featured Dionne Warick
- and Mary Wilson as his guests, that Martha should feel right at home, among the other divas!
- After a short visit, she stepped to the stage and performed a stirring medley, devoted to
- "The Great Ladies of Song." Listening to her perform these classic songs was nothing short
- of remarkable! "Ain't nobody's business" "God bless the child" "A tisket a tasket" and
- "Don't hang out with me." As the show drew to a close Martha returned to the stage
- to perform the theme song of the show, which was heavenly!
- 8. As VH1 started to shift their focus from music videos to more and more "theme"
- oriented programs, RuPaul suddenly found himself with his very own show. Thanks
- to him, we had the chance to see Martha "one more time!" As the two of them visited,
- Martha was asked if she might sing a few bars of her hit song, "Carry On." Well, it was
- nothing short of incredible! As the show drew to a close, Martha raised the roof off
- the place, with her timeless classic, "It's raining men!"
- 9. When I first noticed this next moment from VH1, on their highly popular "Where
- are they now?" series, I can't really understand how they can claim that Martha
- is a "one hit wonder?" Especially when she has been in the business for as long as
- she has, and they have the background footage to support it. Beginning with her
- early days, as part of the "Weather Girls" we are treated to a wonderful overview
- of her incredible career, clear up to the present! They touch upon everything! And
- it's interesting seeing how she has changed throughout the years!
- After the collection Martha was completed, I happened to come across
- two more moments from the past, that needed to be included!
- PLUS! There is a "new" appearance as well!
- 10. The "Holidays" wouldn't be the same without a visit from "The Weather Girls"
- as they perform an exceptional rendition of the hit song,
- "Dear Santa, Bring me a man for Christmas."
- 11. Returning to the vault, I can't explain how I happened to overlook this
- "exceptional" interview from "Entertainment Tonight." Looking "Absolutely
- Fabulous!" Martha and Izora's personalities simply sparkle! as they touch
- upon their current sucess! It's so wonderful, just listening to Martha!
- 12. Stepping into the present, this next moment from Canada's "Electric Circus"
- finds Martha performing a ROUSING rendition of her hit song, "It's raining men."
- Afterwards, she visits with the host of the program, for a few minutes, in which
- she talks about many things! Truly a wonderful moment! 6/8/2001
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those you only heard about!
- Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my
- collection with my friends, and they have always been astounded
- by all the appearances that I was able to record. To ensure the
- highest quality possible, I use a "dual deck vcr" when I'm sharing
- any of these moments from my collection.
- I would like to trade for shows that I don't have and
- I'm specifically looking for a copy of the video that Martha's Fan
- Club presented, titled "A Tribute to the Great Ladies of Song."
- For years, I tried to purchase this video tape, but was unable to
- get a copy. I would like to find someone that actually has the
- ORIGINAL video tape, who would be willing to make me a
- copy. I'm also looking for any footage of "Sylvester!" In my
- collection, I only have "one" video, "Hard Up!" and his performance
- in Bette Midler's movie, "The Rose." Other than those two items,
- that's all I have in my collection. I know there are a few things
- I look forward to hearing from you!