- 1. When Kim Novak broke away from Hollywood many many years ago, she slipped
- away to the North and completely left everything behind. When she accepted
- her role on the nighttime drama "Falcon Crest" she suddenly came back into view
- and it was wonderful to see her again! During this exceptional interview from
- "Hour Magazine" she touches upon many things!
- 2. Looking absolutely radiant, Kim joins Jimmy Stewart on the 61st "Academy Awards"
- where they present one of the awards for the evening.
- 3. While attending the annual "Golden Globes" Kim and Tom Selleck present the award for
- "Best Actress in a Motion Picture." As always, Kim looks absolutely stunning!
- 4. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted Kim's first feature film in nearly nine
- years, with her role in "The Children." While on the set, she talks about the film
- and the scripts that she is being offered today. Many of which tempt her with
- the possibility of returning to Hollywood. We also catch a glimpse of her with her
- husband on their farm, looking after their animals. Which really gives us a
- glimpse into her life and how simple it is!
- 5. With a renewed interest in the movie "Vertigo" Kim steps back into the spotlight
- once again. During this exceptional interview from "Entertainment Tonight" she talks
- about Marilyn Monroe and how she was such a troubled soul. Kim confesses the
- same thing could have happened to her quite easily, if she wouldn't have left
- Hollywood. Kim looks simply radiant!
- 6. With a restored version of "Vertigo" being released in the theaters,
- "Entertainment Tonight" caught up with Kim on the red carpet during it's premiere!
- She looks gorgeous as always!
- 7. During a special edition of "Larry King Weekend" we are treated to an "excellent"
- interview with Kim. Larry begins by asking her "Where have you been?" During the
- hour Kim explains her reason for leaving Hollywood and why she simply had to leave as
- the system started to change her. Which is what happened to a lot of the other
- actresses at the time. Because she essentially had it all and everything was working
- for her, it wasn't hard to leave it all behind when she moved to Oregon. While there
- she discovered the things that would prove to be most important to her. As they
- talk about her assorted movie roles, she talks about filming the movie "Picnic" and
- that there was a tornado destroying a town nearby, which added a degree of energy
- and tension to their performance. All of which was captured on film. In talking about
- Hollywood, she shares a lot of insight into the studio system itself. We also learn a
- great deal about how she felt about her movie roles, favorite parts, working with
- the assorted directors, her co-stars and so much more! Speaking from the heart she
- talks fondly of the time she spent working with Jimmy Stewart, and how they have
- remained friends to this day. Before the show draws to a close, Larry sort of starts
- throwing out all these questions and he's all over the place, asking about everything!
- So many things that I can't even begin to mention all of them. It's an "exceptional"
- hour! Very in depth! With wonderful "full" screen moments scattered throughout!
- 8. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted the 30th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's
- death and during their segment on her, they unearthed a rare interview with Kim,
- where she talks about Marilyn.
- 9. It would be years before Kim would reappear again. Of course everything is
- considered an "exclusive" and so when she appeared on "Larry King Live" the heading
- read "Kim Novak breaks her silence." Throughout the program, she touches upon
- many things! Interestingly she talks about her relationship with Sammy Davis,
- Jr., and the trouble that it caused. One of the most surprisingly revelations which
- comes to light is the idea that her house just burned down, and she lost everything!
- Including the "biography" she had been writing! At times the interview seems a
- little rapid fire, just as soon as Kim provides the answer Larry is off in another
- direction. Some of the more interesting questions occur when the lines are
- opened and we hear from the fans. Which leads Kim to talk about her love for
- animals, including a pet snake that she named "Sincere." As she explains her
- love for them, it seems a bit odd and yet, remarkable. Honestly, so many things
- are touched upon during the hour, it's hard to mention all of them. Kim looks
- absolutely gorgeous! It's truly an exceptional interview!
- "Thank you" for visiting the "Kim Novak"
- video archive. Throughout the years I've shared
- many of the things from my collection. I have the
- ability to place these moments onto video tape or dvd.
- I look forward to hearing from you.