- 1. During the late 1980's, country music really started to gain in popularity, and
- part of the reason was due to "The Judds" and other well known country artists,
- of the day. Featured among them, was "K.T. Oslin!" Performing a few bars of her
- latest release, "Do ya" K.T. appears on the 30th annual celebration,
- honoring "Country Music."
- 2. After the success of her first album, "80's Ladies" K.T. was honored as
- "Top New Female Vocalist" on the 23rd Annual "Country Music Awards."
- Honesty, has always been one of K.T.'s most refreshing qualities. As she
- accepted her award, she quickly replied, "We have to make this fast.
- I'm old. I could thank everyone for a thousand years!" Earlier in the
- program, when they spotlighted the "up and coming, new talent" in
- country music, she performed a few bars of the gospel hymn
- 3. Returning to the stage, on the "TNN Viewers Choice Awards" K.T. looks
- absolutely radiant! As always, it's a delight to see her!
- She performs her latest hit single, "Do ya."
- 4. By the time, K.T. was interviewed by "CBS This Morning," her life and
- career had changed dramatically "within a relatively short period of time!"
- Touching upon the pressures of being in the spotlight, K.T. candidly talks
- about the music business, being on the road, and how her life has changed.
- With that thought in mind, she relates an interesting story about Loretta
- Lynn, and the advice that she gave K.T. about the industry.
- 5. Stepping in front of the camera, K.T. presents her latest music video,
- "I'll always come back." Although, not exactly the storyline that you may
- pictured in your mind, it still touches the heart.
- 6. In highlighting K.T.'s sensational year, the popular TNN program,
- "This week in Country Music" featured a wonderful interview with the
- talented singer. In addition, they presented a "behind the scenes" look
- at her new music video, "I'll always come back."
- 7. Speaking from the heart, K.T. graciously accepts the honor of "Female Vocalist
- of the Year" on the 22nd Annual "Country Music Awards." Truly this is an
- exceptional moment! Returning to the stage, she performs a wonderful
- version of "Hold me." Later in the program, she also wins the honor of
- 8. Looking ABSOLUTELY "radiant" K.T. makes a sensational appearance on the
- "Tonight Show with Johnny Carson." Dressed in an exquisitely colored pink-fuchsia
- outfit, K.T. treats us to an exceptional performance of her hit single, "Hey Bobby."
- Later, as she visits with the popular late night host, it's clear that she is
- 9. Returning to the stage, on the "American Music Awards," K.T. performs a stirring
- rendition of her hit single, "Hold me." As always, she looks simply sensational!
- 10. Winning the honor of "Best Country Vocal, Female" K.T. performs her
- hit single, "Hold me" on the 1989 "Grammy Awards." As always, K.T. looks
- 11. Returning to Nashville, K.T. performs a rousing version of her hit single,
- "Hey Bobby" on the 1989 "TNN Viewers Choice Awards." Dressed in her
- designer suit, she looks absolutely gorgeous!
- 12. Filling in as "Guest Host" K.T. stops by the set of "Crook and Chase" for
- a delightful visit! As always, K.T. is a natural in front of the camera, whether
- it be singing one of her hits, or as in this case, asking the questions!
- 13. With several top ten hits to her credit, it was only natural that
- K.T. would suddenly find herself, the "center of attention." During this
- very insightful interview from the "USA Today" news program, it's easy
- to see that they were more concerned with a type of "tabloid journalism"
- than profiling the talented star, based upon her accomplishments. The
- reason, I mention this, is because they ask her about her recent
- cosmetic surgery, and why she decided to have it done. During
- the balance of the interview, she shares with us, her
- thoughts on the music business.
- 14. Looking absolutely sensational, K.T. makes a splendid return to "The Tonight
- Show with Johnny Carson." After performing a wonderful rendition of her latest
- hit single, "This Woman" K.T. joins the popular late night host, for an interesting
- interview. As always, Johnny truly knew how to treat his guests!
- 15. While attending the 24th annual "Academy of Country Music Awards" K.T.
- graciously accepts the honor of "Album of the Year" and "Top Female Vocalist
- of the Year." Later in the program, as she performs a spirited version of
- her hit single, "Hey Bobby" it's clear, that she deserved to be honored
- 16. Long before she became overly abrasive, Joan Rivers hosted her very own
- "talk show" which featured some of the more popular artists of the day. Taking
- a cue from the eleven year struggle that it took, for her to reach the top, Joan
- asked K.T. about the "lean years" which led to her success. One of the more
- interesting aspects of this particular interview is the idea that since it's drawn
- from a woman's point of view, K.T. is able to express herself, in a way that she
- has been unable to, in the past. Which is very refreshing!
- 17. Looking absolutely radiant! K.T. returns to the set of "Nashville Now" for
- another delightful appearance, complete with her "trademark" blend of music, topped
- off by her incredible personality! Opening the show, she sings a rousing rendition of her
- hit, "Hey Bobby!" Which is nothing short of "excellent!" During the interview portion of
- the program, as she visits with Ralph, it's clear that she is enjoying the success, that has
- followed her, the past couple years. After a short break, she returns to the stage to
- perform the touching ballad, "Hold me." Which is always a favorite!
- Throughout many of the interviews that we have seen, K.T. mentions that in the early
- days of her career, she was placed in many situations which toughened her resolve,
- while giving her "nerves of steel." Handling the audience like an old "pro" K.T. slips into
- the crowd, answering questions, while providing an insight into her past, present, and
- future. As she prances back and forth, it's clear to see, that is she is definitely a
- "seasoned performer!" Not very many entertainers are able to hold an audience in
- the palm of their hand, while "landing quickly on their feet" fielding questions from the
- youngest individual to the oldest. Not to mention, extending compliments and words
- of kindness to everyone around them, but K.T. does this with the greatest of ease.
- Returning to the stage, K.T. brings the show to a close, performing her latest single,
- "Didn't expect it to go down this way."
- Video Collection #2
- 1. After releasing her debut album, nearly three years ago, K.T. makes her
- first appearance on the "Arsenio Hall Show." As always, it's a delight seeing
- her! And no matter how many times, you may hear her sing, "Hold me" it
- always sounds fresh! During the interview portion of the program, she
- touches upon many things! Including the experience surrounding her last
- television commercial, where she rode a roller coaster 22 times! Later in
- the show, she previews another selection, "I ain't never gonna love nobody
- but Cornell Crawford." Which is the first song she ever wrote.
- 2. It could only happen to our favorite singer, and as always she handled herself
- gracefully! After catching the heel of her shoe, in the metal part of her other high
- heel, K.T. tripped and fell to the stage floor! Unfortunately, we don't actually see
- the incident happen, but we are treated to her explanation, as she tries to pick
- herself up. This particular moment appeared on "Charlie Chase's Funny Business."
- 3. Returning to the "American Music Awards" K.T. simply sparkles, as she
- presents two of the awards, during the evening.
- 4. Although this next moment, is slightly out of place, in terms of K.T.'s incredible
- career, it's truly an "exceptional moment!" Stepping to the stage K.T. performs
- many of her hit songs. Among them, "I'll always come back"
- "Round o'clock lovin'" and the heartfelt, "Hold me." Finishing up the set, she sings
- a rousing rendition of the song, "Younger men." Followed by "Do ya" and of course,
- the song that started it all, "80's Ladies."
- 5. Returning to the present, K.T. fills in as "guest host" on "Nashville Now" while
- Ralph Emery is away. Opening the show with a selection from her new album, K.T.
- performs the ballad, "Two hearts." Which is truly exceptional! After taking her
- place, K.T. visits with Minnie Pearl, which is particularly entertaining, as they
- graciously share their admiration for one another. As the program draws to a
- close, K.T. performs a wonderful version of her hit single, "This woman."
- 6. During the previous evening, when Reba filled in as "guest host" on Nashville Now, K.T.
- quietly slipped behind the desk, while Reba was out in the audience answering questions.
- Imagine her surprise when she turned around and found K.T. sitting in her place! As the
- two of them visit with one another, K.T. puts to rest the persistent rumor of their
- being a "feud" between the two of them.
- 7. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted the week long "Fan Fair" Celebration
- in Nashville, by visiting with a few of the entertainers on hand. Unfortunately,
- K.T. looks like she's ready to call it a day!
- 8. While rehearsing for her upcoming tour, K.T. allowed the crew of "Entertainment
- Tonight" to capture the moment on film. When asked about her music, and how it
- may inspire others, K.T. suddenly became very quiet, as tears filled her eyes.
- I don't need to say anything more . . .
- 9. Dressed in a dark blue leather outfit, K.T. looks simply MARVELOUS!
- as she returns to the set of "Nashville Now." She opens the show with
- her brand new hit single, "Come next Monday." The song still must have
- been relatively "new" because for a brief second she looses her place,
- along with the words to the song! Which is really cute! After visiting
- with Ralph about the new album, K.T. performs the exceptional ballad,
- "Still on my mind." Earlier when K.T. was talking about some of the songs
- on the album, she related an interesting story of when she returned
- to New York City, this past spring to close up the apartment that she
- had there. While on her way to the airport, the cabdriver became very
- nasty, and she told him, "Darling now that I've paid you, you have to do
- what I say." And he snapped back, "You call everyone Darling!" The
- whole incident troubled K.T. greatly. Interestingly, when she returned
- to Nashville, she happened to find a song with that very same title!
- "You call everyone Darling" And of course, she promptly recorded the
- song and placed it on her new album! As the show draws to a close,
- K.T. performs the "famous" song, and has a bit of fun with Ralph!!!
- Nestled on his lap, K.T. sings most of the song right there! The two of
- them smile and laugh with one another, as K.T. runs her fingers through
- his hair and kisses him repeatedly! She is having a blast! Play the song
- and the moment for all it's worth! This is definitely a classic moment!
- Video Collection #3
- 1. By the early 90's, country music had gained world wide acceptance, and during
- a special "Oprah Winfrey" program, she spotlighted some of the best! Among them,
- "The Judds" "Clint Black" "Kathy Mattea" and you guessed it! "K.T. Oslin!" Stepping to
- the stage, she performs a stirring rendition of her hit song, "80's Ladies." Throughout
- the program, K.T. touches upon her life and career in great detail.
- 2. Stepping in front of the camera, K.T. presents her latest music video,
- for the hit song, "Come next Monday."
- 3. Appearing on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno, K.T. joins Barry Manilow as they
- perform their holiday duet, "Baby it's cold outside." Dressed in a simple black tailored
- suit, K.T. looks absolutely radiant! Clearly enjoying herself, it's easy to see that she
- has the ability to slip into any musical style! This particular appearance is EXCEPTIONAL!
- 4. Throughout all the moments that we have previously seen, none of them
- come close to the "extraordinary" profile, that was presented on ABC's "20/20."
- What makes this interview so "fascinating " is the fact that we are given a glimpse
- into K.T.'s private life, off stage. Which is something that has never been done
- before. Intermixed between moments with her performing, where she is every bit
- the star, we are treated to an exceptional interview, where she discusses her life
- and career, in great detail. But it's the moments, riding on her tour bus or walking
- through the streets of New York City, that will literally capture your attention the
- most! Wearing very little makeup, you'd never guess that "This Woman" is really
- "K.T. Oslin!" Rarely does an entertainer allow themselves to be presented in such
- a revealing light, but then again, K.T. isn't your typical superstar! This interview
- is so refreshing! Insightful! While brimming with an honesty, that has made K.T.
- such an endearing presence in the field of popular music!
- 5. Returning to the "Arsenio Hall Show" K.T. proves once again, that she has
- crafted one of the finest melodies around, touched off by her amazing vocals,
- on the delightful hit song, "Come next Monday." During the interview portion
- of the program, she talks about many things.
- 6. After a splendid introduction by Reba McEntire, K.T. steps to the stage
- on the 1995 "Country Music Awards" where she presents one of the
- honors of the evening. As you can see, she looks absolutely gorgeous!
- 7. During a special segment from "Crook and Chase" the camera caught up
- with K.T. during a party in honor of her song, "Come next Monday" reaching
- the number #1 spot on the charts! As they visit with the talented star, she
- reflects upon the making of her latest music video, along with the amount of
- work involved, to bring the idea to life. On a final note, she shares her
- thoughts on the "holiday season." Which is a real surprise!
- Her response is not what you would have expected!
- 8. During a moment, that I'm sure K.T. would rather forget, she appears
- with the cartoon character, Bart Simpson, as they present an award
- on the "American Music Awards."
- 9. Throughout several of the previous interviews, K.T. has mentioned her feelings
- on the Holiday season, lamenting the fact, that we really have gotten away from
- the true meaning of "Christmas." With this thought in mind, it seems a bit odd, that
- she would appear on the TNN special, "Home for the Holidays." Singing the time
- honored classic, "Blue Christmas" perhaps her selection is more reflective of the
- way she feels privately, than of the holiday in general.
- 10. Looking absolutely "RADIANT!" K.T. makes a special appearance on
- the "Song Writers Hall of Fame" singing the hit song, "Stand by me."
- As always, K.T. is simply remarkable!
- 11. During "A Celebration of Country" at the famous "Ford Theater" in Washington, D.C.,
- K.T. performs a delightful rendition of her next hit single, "You call everyone darling."
- 12. During a special "StarCatcher" segment from "Nashville Now" many of
- Reba McEntire's friends, gather together for a concert, benefiting the band
- members that she lost in the plane accident.
- 13. Returning to the set of "Crook and Chase" we are treated to
- another exceptional moment, with the talented singer! As they visit
- with K.T., she touches upon many things! Including, the one time that
- she almost met the legendary "Cornell Crawford!" When asked about
- her recent absence from the public eye, K.T. explains that she is more
- of an observer, rather than being one, who would draw attention to
- herself. Along this same line, she confesses what it's like being
- famous, and how she has tried to remain true to herself, in
- light of everything that has happened in her life.
- 14. By the time you finish watching this next appearance from "Nashville Now"
- you'll truly believe that no one has as much fun performing, as K.T. does! After
- performing a stirring rendition of her hit single, "New way home" something
- happened to K.T. which caused her to throw all caution to the wind, as she
- returned to the stage for her next selection, "Cornell Crawford." With a
- sparkle in her eye, she invites Ralph to join her on stage, and then the fun
- really begins!!! Playfully, she pulls Ralph to her side, placing her arm tightly
- around him, as they embrace! While K.T. continues with the song, they smile
- at each other, barely containing their laughter! This is truly a classic moment!
- Video Collection #4
- 1. Making a delightful appearance on the "Carol Burnett Show" K.T. steps to the
- stage to perform a classy version of her hit song, "You call everybody Darling."
- Another truly splendid performance!
- 2. "Entertainment Tonight" caught up with K.T. as she performs for
- our troops overseas, during her USO Tour.
- 3. Returning to the states, K.T. makes a special appearance on "Hot Country
- Nights" performing a stirring version of her hit single, "New way home."
- Looking radiant as always, it's wonderful to see her!
- 4. During a tribute to the "Women of Country Music" K.T. shares her thoughts
- on many of the concerns, within the field of country music, as it relates to the ladies.
- 5. Showcasing her incredible talent, as both a singer and songwriter, K.T.
- makes a wonderful appearance during this hour long concert. Starting
- with a heartfelt version of "I'll always come back" K.T. weaves her spell of broken
- relationships and heartache. But like the lady herself, the human spirit does survive!
- Only to come back, stronger than before. Sprinkled throughout her performance, K.T.
- charms the audience with her delightful personality. Playful one minute, serious the next,
- K.T. proves why she is one of the most endearing performers, to come out of Nashville in
- a long time! One of the things that I particularly noticed, as I was watching the program,
- was how the "intimate setting" showcases K.T.'s incredible presence, often as soft as a
- whisper, as she performs "This woman" "Mary and Willi" "New way home" "Get back in the
- saddle" "Come next monday" and "Hold me." While that may be true on the one hand,
- K.T. hits all the right notes as she performs rousing renditions of "Cornell Crawford" and
- the playful "Younger men." When it comes to communicating to her fans, K.T. is simply a
- natural! No where is this more true, than during the song, "Do ya" in which she
- repeatedly "thanks" the audience, because "this is all she has ever wanted to do!"
- 6. Stepping in front of the camera, K.T. joins Tammy Wynette, as they make a guest
- appearance on the television series, "Evening Shade." As you watch them, it's easy to
- see that they are clearly enjoying themselves! Throughout the half hour program, the
- "two ladies" appear frequently, together as part of the "Frasier Sisters" and then
- separately at the end, as they each perform a selection on their own. As the show
- draws to a close, the two ladies are off to Nashville!
- 7. After being away from the spotlight for several years, K.T. makes a surprising
- appearance on the 30th annual "Country Music Awards." After introducing the
- winners in the "country radio field" K.T. slips into the audience, where she then
- proceeds to pull each of the winners, up onto the stage . . . WHILE, performing her
- latest single, titled "Cuba!" The whole scene is really cute! Only K.T. could pull off
- such a delightful moment! As she rushes them on stage, she exclaims, without
- missing a beat, "Come on! Hurry! We're running out of music!"
- 8. One of the qualities that has always set K.T. apart from everyone else, has been
- her unwavering "honesty." During this particular moment, from the TNN special,
- "Yesterday and Today: The Women of Country Music" K.T. nails the critics, who fail
- to understand why her songs, always seem to present the woman's point of view.
- "If I knew how a guy felt, I'd have 18 husbands! A stable of men. I don't have a
- clue, what they think. So I write from my standpoint." As always, K.T. speaks from
- the heart, with a sensibility that alot of people don't want to hear.
- 9. As the years drifted by, K.T. would appear from time to time, and with each
- appearance, it was not uncommon to think to one's self, how much we treasured
- this talented lady, and how we had missed her! While honoring the memory of
- "Roger Miller" K.T. made one of her "rare" appearances, singing "River in the rain."
- 10. Making a splendid appearance on the 40th annual "Celebration of Country Music"
- K.T. takes us back to the start of her career, as she sings a few bars of
- her incredible hit song, "80's Ladies."
- 11. Slipping into the kitchen, for a bit of fun, K.T. prepares one of her favorite
- dishes! "One Pot Chicken!" along with a tasty "Ceasar's Salad" on the popular
- TNN program, "Crook and Chase." Even in the kitchen, K.T. seems to throw
- caution to the wind, as she whips up these two delicious items,
- 12. Returning to the stage, for another "rare" appearance, K.T. performs
- a delightful rendition of the holiday classic, "Winter Wonderland" on the TNN
- special, "A Classic Christmas with Martina McBride." Later in the program,
- when Martina asks her to share a special "Holiday" moment from her past,
- K.T. relates an interesting story that her Grandmother told her, many
- years ago. As the show draws to a close, Martina and K.T. perform
- the holiday favorite, "Have yourself a Merry Christmas."
- As always, K.T. is wonderful!
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those that you have only heard about!
- Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my collection
- with my friends, and they have always been amazed by all the appearances
- that I managed to record. To ensure the highest quality possible, I use a
- "dual deck vcr" when I'm sharing any of these moments from my collection.
- I would like to trade for shows that I don't have and a few other things.
- I look forward to hearing from you!