Welcome to the
Moments from the Past!
- 1. Appearing on the "Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour" Neil joins the famous singing
- couple for a wonderful medley, covering all of his hits! "The Hungry Years"
- "Breaking up is hard to do" "Sad eyes" "Calendar girl" "Laughter in the rain"
- and "That's when the music takes me."
- 2. On a very special "Coverstory" Neil shares with us, the amazing details of his
- incredible life! Throughout the interview, he mentions many things: the successful
- string of hits in the early days of his career; to the moment in 1963 when everything
- seemed to change suddenly, which found him no longer in the spotlight. And then his
- incredible return with the highly successful album "Sedaka's Back." It's an exceptional
- story! Interestingly, we hear from his writing partner, Howard Greenfield who is no
- longer with us, and so his kind words are even more important. While seated at
- the piano, in his Manhattan apartment, Neil performs a few bars of his hit
- "Breaking up is hard to do," which is simply wonderful! From there he touches
- upon his love of "classical music" and also the love that he has found through
- his family, and the joy that he has received through his many fans
- 3. Performing a wonderful rendition of "Love made me feel that way"
- Neil makes a special appearance on "Solid Gold.
- 4. On a very special segment from "Entertainment Tonight" they presented a different
- side to the talented superstar, by placing most of the focus on his family. Throughout this
- exceptional interview, we hear from his wife, Leba, and also from his son, Marc. Which
- is interesting because generally speaking Neil is always the one in the spotlight. With
- Leba managing his career, she talks about how their working relationship has influenced
- their children, by giving them a strong "work ethic." Unfortunately, Dara wasn't there
- when this interview was taped, but Neil mentions her contribution to his next album,
- and what her plans are for the moment. Overall, this is a very nice interview!
- 5. Making a return visit to "Solid Gold" Neil performs a stirring rendition of the
- classic hit "The Hungry Years."
- 6. During this particular interview, from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" Neil
- talks about his life and career, in great detail. From the early days, to his return
- to the music business, with "Laughter in the Rain." He talks about everything!
- We are even given a tour of his spacious apartment in New York, which is really
- nice! Whereas the previous interview only featured his son, this time however,
- we are treated to a walk along the beach with Neil and his daughter, Dara.
- And if that isn't enough, later in the evening we catch a glimpse of them
- performing together at Studio 54! Amid the celebrities on hand, it's
- easy to see how Neil found himself, caught up in the nightlife,
- which he mentioned earlier in the interview, when it came to
- 7. On the fourth anniversary of the Regis Philbin Show, Neil made a very special
- appearance to celebrate the occasion. After a "remarkable" story about his travels
- to India, he performs a "delightful" medley of his hits!!! "Calendar Girl" "Breaking up
- is hard to do" "Right next door to an angel" and "Love will keep us together."
- 8. Ironically, the next moment within the collection is another appearance on
- the Regis Philbin Show, but the program has moved from the "Lifetime" channel,
- to the CBS network. As Neil takes his place at the piano, he reflects upon his early
- influences, and how they guided him into the music business. With thirty-five
- years as a song writer to his credit, we are treated to many of his wonderful hits!
- "Calendar Girl" "Stupid Cupid" "Where the boys are" "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen"
- and an exceptional version of "Laughter in the rain." When it comes to the classic
- song "Breaking up is hard to do" Kathie Lee steps into the spotlight, with a
- wonderful rendition of the hit song. Interestingly, we also catch a glimpse of
- Neil's mother, who is seated in the audience. In closing, he plays a classic piece,
- which is simply wonderful!
- 9. "Entertainment Tonight" spotlighted the annual "AMFAR Masquerade Ball" in
- New York City. During a very brief moment, with the talented singer, he mentions
- that he unfortunately lost his writing partner, Howard Greenfield, to aids. And so
- Neil and his wife, Leba, always lend their support to this benefit.
- 10. The cameras once again caught up with Neil, as PBS presented a "live concert" of his
- appearance in Great Britain. Briefly he mentions the "chemistry" between himself and
- the audience, as he takes numerous "trips down memory lane."
- 11. Returning to the "Regis and Kathie Lee" show, Neil hasn't changed much since
- his last appearance! His warm personality, charm, and exceptional voice are still present!
- Seated before the piano, he performs a wonderful rendition of "Never Ending Serenade."
- 12. Stepping into the spotlight, Neil makes a delightful appearance on the
- "Oak Ridge Boys ~ Live from Las Vegas." Performing "Breaking up is hard to do"
- he has never sounded better! Starting out as a ballad, he picks up the pace a bit,
- playing the song the way it was originally recorded, then shifting back to the ballad
- again. After a short visit, he sings a wonderful rendition of "Laughter in the rain."
- 13. "Neil Sedaka ~ In Concert"
- Taped before a live audience at Ontario Place in Toronto, Canada, Neil performs
- all of his classic hits! "Laughter in the rain" "Love will keep us together" "Solitaire"
- "Oh Carol" "Stairway to heaven" "Where the boys are" "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen"
- "Livin' right next door to an angel" "Calendar Girl" "Should have never let you go"
- "Superbird" "The Immigrant" "Love in the shadows" "Breaking up is hard to do" and
- "That's when the music takes me."
While looking through the "vault" I happened to come across another
- appearance with Neil, that just had to be included!!!
14. After a short tour of Europe, Neil stops by the set of "Live with Regis and
- Kathie Lee" for a delightful appearance! He talks about many things! One of them
- an upcoming "new album!" After mentioning a few of his biggest hits, Neil performs
- a wonderful rendition of "Love will keep us together." As always, it's a pleasure
- seeing him. In a rather lighthearted moment, he forgets a few of the words to
- the song, and keeps right on going!
- for taking the time to read through these rather lengthy descriptions!
- I know it seems rather "incredible" to believe!
- All these moments from the past.
- Moments that you might have missed recording.
- And those that you have only heard about!
Throughout the years, I've shared many of these clips from my collection
- with my friends, and they have always been astounded by all the appearances
- that I was able to record. To ensure the highest quality possible, I use a "dual deck"
- vcr when I'm sharing any of these moments from my collection.
- I look forward to hearing from you!